- Dorel testing has shown that the resulting angle leads to the best crash test performance, even for older and larger children, for car seats that have level line indicators.
- If your car seat model has an angle indicator with a ball, rather than level lines, the ball should be between the two marks on the indicator that matches the weight of your child. NOTE: Check the angle indicator while parked on level ground.
- Do not recline more than 45 degrees from vertical.
- Follow CR manufacturer’s instruction for acceptable rear-facing recline angle.
- Not all manufacturers recommend the same angle.
- As baby ages and obtains better head control, he/she may sit more upright. This can actually provide for improved crash protection. CR recline indicator:
- The recline angle indicator is part of the CR and should be used as indicated by the manufacturer.
* Certified Passenger Safety Technician Curriculum: page 133- Correct recline angle NOTE: Always consult CR manufacturer’s instructions for how to obtain proper angle. (Page 134)
Let’s chat, visit us at https://www.safety1st.com/ Just click on the icon in the lower right hand corner and type ‘help’.